Saturday, July 14, 2007

Life in India

18 lakh 17 thousand 8 hundred and 17 ... is the number of times i have had to answer one question to my friends, cousins, relatives, friends of parents, neighbours , relatives of neighbours , cousins of cousins of aunts , uncles of neigbours , grandparents and parents .... and this one question is ... " why dont u go to the US ?" and i have given them so many different answers at diff states of my life ... .. but the question remains .... and the answer is really close to my heart ....

Besides the fact that i would be "good for nothing" in the US of A or any place outside India, since i dont have any expertise into what most of u r doing in US ...

the biggest reason for me not being abroad .. is becoz i dont want to ... and thats becoz ... i love my life .... my life in India ... India which is home .. home close to my parents ... my parents who i cant think of spending a week without ... home of my friends ... who r integral to my life ..... home of my House .... every corner of which i love .... home of my dreams ... my dreams which have never crossed boundaries ... ... and i know this sounds very emotional and utter impractical stuff ... but to tell u the truth ... i cant miss the happiness that i get here everyday ...

the happy showers that wash the dusty summer .... the cold winters .... the familiar faces ... and the unfamiliar ones too ... which somehow dont let the person in the mirror be ur only friend .... .. the girls (the best and the most beautiful) .... the seas ... the mountains .. the deserts ... the plains .. the KHETs ...

India which is home to My country ... my coutry which is on its way to bcome a superpower ... which is the best place to be if u want to start a new business ... the place ... which is on the verge of the biggest development spree that mankind will ever see ... India ... the country the world's rushing to ....

India and my life in India ....i cant give them up ... and hence i ll be here ,,

3 comments:

Serendipity said...

Its a two sided coin. remaining close to where your heart is, and not exploring what lies beyond. I want to travel the world... but my heart wil always be here.

Nitin Bhandari said...

i wanna explore the world too ... but i cant LIVE .. anywhere else but India ....LIFE is and will always be HERE

Rach said...

Bingo!!

U hit the bulls eye with this post... its the same reason, i dont want to leave my country !

at the same time, i would loooooooove exploring what the world has to offer, and getr it back to my home!!

Good post again!